The Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center has opened a search for a highly motivated Physical Therapist to join our expanding practice in the San Francisco Bay area/Silicon Valley. This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a team of dedicated health care professionals that provide compassionate and comprehensive care. Put your physical therapy skills to work where they are needed – working closely with the physicians in providing a quality treatment program to patients with impairments and functional limitations resulting from a movement disorder. The Physical Therapist blends science with inspiration to assists patients in maximizing their fullest potential while lessening the burden of care on the families.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the physical status, functional abilities and age-specific needs of patients to determine the current level of functioning, self-care, self-responsibility, independence, and quality of life.
- In collaboration with the treating Movement Disorders Specialist, develop and implement a treatment plan which involves the patient, family and social support systems.
- Have continual communications with the treating Movement Disorders Specialist to ensure the treatment plan is working.
- Be involved in innovative Parkinson’s disease research dealing with exercise and therapy.
- Direct and manage the complete exercise program offered by the Parkinson’s Institute as well as continuously look for new programs to develop. This may include the design and teaching of gait and balance classes, coordination of certified trainer lead classes, community outreach programs, in-person presentations, lectures, written materials, or electronic communication.
This is a full-time position; Monday -- Friday, approx. 8:30 AM -- 5:30 PM, in an out-patient clinic. If you are looking to grow your career this position may lead to management of the comprehensive patient care plan; including all care outside of the actual physician visit. Some light travel may be involved.
We offer a friendly work environment with a diverse group of highly respected, world-class physicians, scientists, other talented professionals, and wonderful patients. The mission of the Parkinson's Institute is to find the causes, provide exceptional patient care, and discover and advance new treatments for Parkinson’s disease. A non-profit organization, the Parkinson’s Institute has been researching better treatments and searching for a cure for Parkinson’s disease for over 25 years. The Parkinson’s Institute is a National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence. We receive grants to fund our research projects from government agencies, including the National Institutes of health, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, foundations including the Michael J. Fox Foundation, the Parkinson’s Alliance, the National Parkinson Foundation, and others. Join our outpatient clinic team and share our commitment to this meaningful mission!
A resume and letter of interest should be sent via any of the communication addresses noted below. Application materials received without a letter of interest will not be considered.
Mail to: Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center
Attn.: Human Resources
675 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 408.734.8427
- Registered physical therapist licensed in California.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate Degree from an APTA accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Neurologic Clinical Specialist (NCS) preferred.
- At least one year experience treating persons with neurological disease, preferably those with PD.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary clinic.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- CPR certification.