We have an opportunity for an energetic and experienced fundraising and development professional who wants to grow within and leave their fingerprint on the evolution of our entrepreneurial organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, Marketing, and Communications, this person will play an instrumental role in creating and implementing a robust and diverse fundraising and development strategy at The PI.
You will thrive in this position if you possess the following traits and qualities:
Primary responsibilities of this position include: day-to-day fundraising and development operations, and individual giving with a strong focus on major gifts. Also responsible for workplace giving and support of special events, projects, and programs.
Day-to-Day Fundraising and Development Operations
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective donor and current donor questions, needs, and concerns.
- Work with the Director to streamline donation processing and gift entry, and to implement best practices and top-notch customer service for donors.
- Ensure timely and accurate gift entry and generation of acknowledgement letters and other donor recognition.
- Lead the charge on data and constituent record clean-up and consolidation in preparation for a future management system migration.
- Build queries and generate reports and mailing lists.
- Uphold and communicate our shared responsibility for ethical fundraising and development practices and patient/donor confidentiality.
- Integrate fundraising and development activities with marketing and communications.
Individual and Major Giving
Empower a donor-centered approach.
Conduct prospect/donor research and wealth screenings.
Play an active role in the creation and implementation of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
Personally and successfully manage and move a portfolio of prospects and donors.
Identify potential leadership volunteers who can support our workplace giving efforts and special events, projects, and programs.
Integrate our direct mail and online giving with individual and major giving strategies.
- Facilitate workplace giving applications/processes.
- Coordinate scheduling and represent The PI at outreach activities and events.
- Work with the Director to train-up key leadership volunteers to serve as an extension of The PI at outreach activities and events.
Special Events, Projects, and Programs
Work with the Director, colleagues at The PI, and vendors/consultants as appropriate to conceptualize, plan, and manage donor cultivation and stewardship events, including: luncheons, receptions, dinners, presentations, and tours.
Work with the Director to build and launch The PIís signature fundraising event(s) and other vehicles for donor engagement.
In addition to demonstrated success in the above areas of work, our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Able to foster and nurture relationships with internal/external gatekeepers and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelorís degree or comparable experience.
- 4+ years in a fundraising and development specific role.
- Computer literate and Microsoft Office proficient.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Website and social media savvy a plus.
- Hands-on and in-depth Raiserís Edge experience is strongly desired.
- Non-profit voluntary health and/or medical research background is advantageous.
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with the Parkinsonís Institute before applying.
In addition to a resume, interested applicants should mail a cover letter describing their qualifications, interests, potential contribution, salary expectations, and how they learned of this opportunity. Application materials received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Address all correspondence to one of the following:
Mail: The Parkinson's Institute, 675 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Fax: (408) 734-8427
Please reference job number 12.10.2002.08.