The Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center seeks a rising marketing and communications star who wants to grow within and leave their fingerprint on the evolution of our entrepreneurial organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, Marketing, and Communications, this person will play an instrumental role in strengthening the marketing and communications effort at the Parkinson’s Institute.
You will thrive in this position if you possess the following traits and qualities:
Creative and compelling storyteller
Juggler, able to manage multiple and quickly changing priorities
Out of the box thinker
Sense of urgency
Grace under pressure
Resourceful and disciplined
Observant and intuitive
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with the Director, Fundraising and Development Manager, and Donor Services Manager to create a comprehensive year-round Development, Marketing, and Communications calendar.
- Coordinate the planning, creative/content development, production timelines, and execution of marketing and communications deliverables.
- Both in-house and outsourced
- General and informational collateral
- Print and electronic communications
- Direct mail design packages
- Work with the Director and colleagues to improve and enhance the Institute’s online presence.
- Social media channels
- Interpretation of Google analytics
- Search engine optimization
- Work with the Director, colleagues, and outside parties if/when necessary to coordinate Educational Programs for people living with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones.
- Speaker identification and confirmation
- Creation of agenda/program
- Invitations to and promotion of programs
- Community Partner participation
- RSVP tracking
- Preparation and/or printing of all presentation media and materials
- Day-of-event logistics and execution
- Post-event follow up and communication
- Recruit and oversee in-office volunteers as-needed.
- Support other Development, Marketing, and Communications functions as determined by the Director. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: basic administrative duties, gift entry, generation of acknowledgement letters and other donor recognition, mailings, press and media, and staffing of outreach efforts and events.
In addition to demonstrated success in the above areas of work, our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Fast on their feet and responsive to direction and feedback.'
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project and time management abilities.
- Able to work successfully both independently and as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- 3+ years experience in a fundraising and development or marketing and communications role.
- Computer literate and Microsoft Office proficient.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Background in non-profit voluntary health or with a medical research organization is advantageous.
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with the Parkinson’s Institute before applying. In addition to a resume, interested applicants should mail a cover letter describing their qualifications, interests, potential contribution, salary expectations, and where they learned of this opportunity. Application materials received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Address all correspondence to one of the following:
US Post:The Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center, 675 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA94085'