The Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center has opened a search for a highly motivated BE/BC neurologist with fellowship training in Movement Disorders to join our expanding practice in the San Francisco Bay area/Silicon Valley. The position is primarily clinical (with the ability to accommodate clinical research interests), entirely outpatient, without on-call demands, and associated with a competitive compensation plan. Our next Movement Disorders specialist will help to grow our current program, treating the full spectrum of Movement Disorders conditions.
The Institute is an internationally recognized nonprofit research and clinical care organization that provides comprehensive care and treatment for people with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. We have an active and growing clinical trials program, and offer DBS evaluation as well as DBS programming. The Parkinson's Institute conducts world-class research on the mechanisms, drug discovery, and genetics of Parkinson’s disease and related disorders. This position provides an opportunity to work with an outstanding group of clinicians and researchers who deliver state-of-the-art care in a multidisciplinary clinic and is recognized as a National Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence.
A letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation should be emailed to email@example.com
- Board certification in neurology.
- Completion of a Movement Disorders fellowship program.
- Excellent bedside manner, capable of developing strong and empathic relationships with the patient and their families.
- Experience with DBS programming is strongly encouraged.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of California.
- Experience with management of movement disorders patients in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience in conducting clinical trials as an investigator or Co-investigator.
- Experience with botulinum toxin injections for Dystonia and related disorders